Joan CuscóBSWW President2020: Vision for a brighter beach soccer future
Joan CuscóBSWW PresidentRussia, one step beyond in excellence
Gabino RenalesBSWW Deputy Vice-presidentWorld Winners Cup: A new concept to maintain growth in the sport
Joan CuscóBSWW President2019: Fasten your seatbelts for the busiest year in beach soccer history!
Cosimo SibiliaPresident of Lega Nazionale DilettantiFifteen years of beach soccer in Italy
Dick WhalenNASSC Tournament DirectorThe North American Sand Soccer Championships turn “Silver”
Ali TargholizadehAFC Head of Futsal and Beach Soccer DevelopmentAsia has everything required for beach soccer
Roberto CarettoManager Lazio Beach SoccerIdentity is key for clubs’ future
Joan CuscóBSWW PresidentClosing a successful season with the next FIFA Beach Soccer world Cup in our mind
Joan CuscóBSWW PresidentTradition makes us stronger…
09 Aug 2018
Euro Beach Soccer League standings updated
Belarus sit on top of the table in Division A, with Russia, Spain, France and Germany with three more games to play
With just one regular-phase stage to go (EBSL Warnemünde, 24-26 August), there are still plenty of things to be decided in the Euro Beach Soccer League. Five teams still have the chance of making it to the Superfinal (Alghero, 6-9 September), with four of them still having to play three games in Warnemünde. At the same time, the German stage will also dictamine who needs to fight for their Division A place in the Promotion Final: France, Germany or Turkey.
Belarus are now the leaders of the table and, as per the coming games in the last stage of Warnemünde, the White Wings will end the regular phase either in the first or second position, not below that.
Portugal, Ukraine, Switzerland, Italy (who were already qualified as the hosts) and Russia have their placed in the EBSL Superfinal Alghero already secured, no matter what happens in Germany.
This is how the EBSL - Division A standings look like now:
1. BELARUS - 13 points (+10 g/a)
2. PORTUGAL - 12 points (+9 g/a)
3. UKRAINE - 12 points (+5 g/a)
4. SWITZERLAND - 9 points (+15 g/a)
5. ITALY - 9 points (+3 g/a)
6. RUSSIA - 8 points (+9 g/a)*
7. SPAIN - 6 points (+5 g/a) *
8. AZERBAIJAN - 6 points (-12 g/a)
9. POLAND - 3 points (-12 g/a)
10. TURKEY - 3 points (-14 g/a)
11. FRANCE - 0 points (-6 g/a)*
12. GERMANY - 0 points (-12 g/a) *
*Still one EBSL stage to play
DIVISION B standings
In Division B, the standings are divided between the different positions the teams ended in at the stage each of them played , as the qualification system for the Promotion Final is slightly different.
It is worth remembering that according to the Regulations of the EBSL 2018 Article (F), the champions of each group from DIV-B will qualify for the Promotion Final in Italy. Four (4) teams will qualify directly as champions of their respective groups and, to complete the seven (7) team line-up, the three (3) best second place teams will also qualify.
This is how the standings look like right now, still waiting for the results at the EBSL Warnemünde, in which England, Denmark, Georgia and Hungary will take part.
1st placed teams:
1. BULGARIA - 6 points (+5 g/a)
2. KAZAKHSTAN - 6 points +5 (g/a)
3. ROMANIA - 4 points (+2 g/a)
2nd placed teams:
1. NORWAY - 3 points (0 g/a)
2. MOLDOVA - 2 points (0 g/)
3. SERBIA - 2 points (0 g/a)
3rd placed teams
1. ESTONIA - 0 points (-2 g/a)
2. CZECH REPUBLIC - 0 points (-5 g/a)
3. GREECE - 0 points (-5 g/a)
4th placed teams
1. LITHUANIA - 0 points (-8 g/a)
2. ANDORRA - 0 points (-24 g/a)